A complete and local NVR designed for Home Assistant with AI object detection. Uses OpenCV and Tensorflow to perform realtime object detection locally for IP cameras.
Use of a Google Coral Accelerator is optional, but strongly recommended. CPU detection should only be used for testing purposes. The Coral will outperform even the best CPUs and can process 100+ FPS with very little overhead.
- Tight integration with Home Assistant via a custom component
- Designed to minimize resource use and maximize performance by only looking for objects when and where it is necessary
- Leverages multiprocessing heavily with an emphasis on realtime over processing every frame
- Uses a very low overhead motion detection to determine where to run object detection
- Object detection with TensorFlow runs in separate processes for maximum FPS
- Communicates over MQTT for easy integration into other systems
- Recording with retention based on detected objects
- Re-streaming via RTMP to reduce the number of connections to your camera
- A dynamic combined camera view of all tracked cameras.